Home Forums Be Primal Forum Liquid Nutrition (Ensure/Boost/Slim-fast/etc…): Powder Alternatives?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Williamhawk 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Williamhawk
    Participant

Hello all,

Years ago, I was diagnosed with several digestive problems that keep me from getting all the nutrients from the food I eat.

The solution to this was simple: drink Boost/Ensure. Since the nutrients in liquids are absorbed easier.

I’ve since stopped doing this several years ago because… well, it’s freaking expensive. Even the generic stuff is $6-7. Drinking two a day (2-3 recommended by a gastroenterologist and nutritionist), equals about $17 a week, which equals $68/month… more than my electric and phone bill combined.

So, I’ve decided to start this again, but I am wondering if there are alternative powders I can mix into milk, or a shake, or something that will give me the same nutrients, but for way less a price. The only thing I can think of is Carnation Instant Breakfast stuff, but I don’t know if that’d be the same nutrients.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I didn’t find the right solution from the internet.
    References:
    https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=62437

explainer video

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.